Welcome to the accessibility statement for Lawrence-Leiter & Company. This page covers the accessibility and standards compliance measures taken by Lawrence-Leiter & Company, as well as guidelines on how to take advantage of those features. We have made every reasonable attempt to make the content on this website as accessible as possible to all disabled persons.
Enhanced Navigation Aids in the Metadata
Every page has several navigation aids built into the code to enable those with screen readers and other assistive technologies to quickly navigate the content.
The metadata of each page contains links to the following areas of the website: the homepage, the contact page, and the site map. Screen readers will display these links first when loading a page, while users of traditional browsers can use these links by configuring their browser to employ them. Currently, the following browsers support navigation aids.
- Opera. In Opera, click
View > Toolbars > Navigation Barto enable the navigation aids at the top of the screen. (Opera also allows users to move these toolbars to different sections of the browser window.)
- Mozilla. In Mozilla, click
View > Show/Hide > Site Navigation Bar.
- Firefox. Firefox does not natively support navigation aids, but you can use the extension Site Navigation Bar to have Firefox automatically display these links when they are present.
This website uses relative font sizes, which means they can be easily resized by browsers if you find the type difficult to read.
- Internet Explorer. Choose
View > Text Size > Larger(Medium is the default).
- Firefox. Press Ctrl++ to increase the font size, or Ctrl+- to decrease the font size. (Or navigate to
View > Text Sizeand choose to increase or decrease the size.)
- Opera. This browser actually scales the entire page, not just the font size, which makes it very good for visually disabled users who want to magnify images as well. Select
View > Zoomand then a percentage by which to increase the page.
- Safari. Press Ctrl++ to increase the font size, or Ctrl+- to decrease the font size. (Or navigate to
Viewand choose to increase or decrease the size.)
The accessibility of the Lawrence-Leiter & Company website is helped by its adherence to web standards and general best practices in development, including:
- Using tables for tabular data only
- Ensuring forms use proper markup for maximum accessibility
- Headers are logically ordered
In addition, all pages attempt to validate to a DocType of XHTML 1.0 Strict, all CSS files validate to the W3Cís specifications, and that all pages meet the majority of accessibility requirements set forth in WCAG 1.0 and specifically in Section 508.
Despite best efforts, there remain accessibility barriers within this website. It is known that not all pages validate perfectly; if you find a specific problem, please contact us. In addition, the visual formatting of these pages has been hidden from older browsers such as Netscape 4. If you are using a browser from the 1990s, please upgrade.